Thursday, September 18, 2008

Journal entry one

So much has happened in the last 2 weeks that I don't know what to even add! Every time we do something I say,"This was my favorite thing we've done so far." So it's hard to highlight my favorites since they all are!

Probably my most most favorite was going to a taping of the CNN special "The Next President" and it was basically a conversation with former secretaries of state: Madeleine Albright, James Baker, Warren Christopher, Henry Kissinger and Colin Powell. It was so cool to see so many great minds in one place. Whey they asked what they thought was the most important thing for the new president to do. Powell replied we need to restore the world's confidence in the United States. Everybody strongly agreed with that, but Albright added that not only do we need to be 'popular' around the world, we also need to be respected.

I also started my internship at XM-Radio, at a show called POTUS (President of the United States.) I'm having an awesome time there! Today one of our guests was the director from FactCheck.org. I LOVE factcheck.org. He came in to talk about debunking some of the myths/non myths that surround the campaigns right now.

I'm really enjoying DC at this very exciting time!!!