Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Second Post

It's me again, Greg, and I'm here to share a little something with the public about my past week. I guess I should touch on my internship this time, so here it goes.
I'm working at a production house called Creative Differences, and due to the intern-internship relationship (and legal documents I signed at the beginning of my stint here) I cannot say anything about any of the programs, but think "Discovery Channel" and you'll be on the right track to see the kinds of things this place turns out.
I only work there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with my lecture class on Fridays. Don't think I'm slacking off though, because there are always errands to run on the other days of the week, and I use Mondays and Wednesdays just to keep up with my homework and taking care of the apartment I'm staying in....
Where was I? Oh right, internship. I spend my shifts on a computer, researching and transcribing film, so after a seven-and-a-half hour shift, my eyes are pretty much fried, not to mention finger-strain from typing...but I don't mean for this to sound like a complaint, because I enjoy surfing on a computer in my free time, so this type of activity doesn't seem like "work" to me.
Okay, but I have to admit, I was getting a little bored transcribing the film I was working on. However, I talked to the other interns and evidently the film is going to be used in a promo (or a commercial) for the show it is part of and that made it feel more worthwhile. Plus, if the segment I'm doing gets used, it'll almost be like I'm on TV.
That's all the info that's in the least bit interesting, for the moment, so it's time to sign off. But before I go, I'll leave you with a quick philosophical thought:

"I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'"
--Chris Knight

(From the movie "Real Genius." Check it out if you have the time, it's well worth it.)

Greg