Monday, January 26, 2009

Introductions

My name is Jen Bischoff and I am from Oklahoma. I attend Creighton University.

This semester I am at GW and interning at the Salt Lake Tribune Washington Bureau.

I love my internship and the SWIJ program.

Amos, Susan and Andrea have been great teachers and friends. From lectures to field trips, we have already learned so much from them and the journalists who work in the city.


I already have a couple bylines for Sltrib paper and the two guys I work with are great!

They are both from Utah and very much into politics.

They have a lot to teach and I have a lot to learn during my time with them.


For the 2009 Inauguration, I covered the Utah Marching Band, who performed in the Inaugural Parade. I spent twelve hours in the cold, but it was worth it just to be there (even though I didn't vote for Obama.)


Within the two weeks I have been here, I have fallen in love with the city and can't

wait to experience all it has to offer! I just hope I have enough time to experience it all.


Take a minute to check out sltrib.com to see some of my work.