Sunday, July 12, 2009

Accomplishing my D.C. list of things to see and do



Before moving to D.C. for the summer, I made a list of things I wanted to see and do. For anyone moving to D.C. for an extended period, I definitely recommend making a list, but in fair warning, any time you knock out one or two things, you might find there's four more things you need to check out.



Some of the things I have seen or done (which I couldn't have left D.C. before crossing them off) we're seeing the Giant Panda's at the Zoo and going Paddleboating in the Tidal Basin.




With my list of activities finally starting to turn into a list of accomplishments, one of my most memorable experiences has been the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team at 8th and I.



Growing up the daughter of a Marine, the parade was something I've been wanting to attend for a long time. Finally, for my 21st birthday, my not-real-uncle, Uncle Gil, invited me to the parade, where I got to see Chesty (The Marine Corps Bulldog Mascot), honor our nation's finest and of course, meet some very good looking Marines.