Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time Flies

I cannot believe we are entering our fifth week of the program. I feel like I have experienced so many wonderful exciting things in D.C. Yet there is still so much I want to do and I am worried I won’t have enough time. I love so many things about this city and I could see myself living here for a few years after graduation.

I am interning at the NDN this summer. Formerly known as the New Democratic Network, the NDN is a democratic political think tank that’s goal is to help set the agenda for the Democratic Party. As the development intern, my main tasks include making phone calls to patrons or target corporations about upcoming events, as well as setting up and checking people into the events. I work 9 to 6 Monday through Thursday and 9 to noon on Fridays. It is extremely rare that a day goes by where I have nothing to do, but I prefer it that way. My favorite part of the job is meeting Members of Congress at our events. Even if it is only for a few minutes, how many people get to meet three U.S. Representatives in a five minute period?


Everyday something new and different happens. I feel our experiences this summer have been made possible by D.C. and they could not be offered anywhere else in this country. Even though there are days where I am so exhausted I could sleep for a week, I prefer to soak up as much of this city as possible. This city, my internship and my new friends have already made this summer one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Its true what they say.."Time Flies When You're Having Fun!"