Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elect-rifying!

At the pinnacle of trying times, the mass rose from their apathetic cynicism and stood up for change.




Introducing, President-elect Barack Obama.




But I sense this man will likely be erected as a political colossus or will fall by the very hands of foundation that supported his and many others' dream.




Yes, he did... inspire, unite, and overcome. But will he change US for the better?




The manifestation of a dream deferred, Barack Obama has exploded onto the world stage.




It is his time to act.




Now, to my tangent. Life at Slate V is wonderful, with more responsibilities, more fun, and more mistakes.




What do you call an intern without mistakes?




Unemployed.




Yeah, hiccups occur daily for me, but I battle adversity with confidence and a smile.




And for that reason, I'm recapping the world in a way I never thought possible, while putting finishing touches on unforseen projects.




Just today, I accompanied my boss and his right-hand editor on a shoot. There, I met another member of the Slate team.




They say familiarity is the key to unlocking employment opportunities. Well, I'm getting familiar, with people, places and things.




Who knows what will come out of this. All I can do is enjoy this time.




Welcome to my world-- the O-zone. It feels so good, you can breathe it in.




Ah...