Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night

Oh my! Election Night was AWESOME here!

I spent the first part of the night working at POTUS (xm radio.) I was in charge of coloring in the map, and at one point I went into the bathroom and I had blue and red marker all over my face... how embarrassing! But I watched the AP reports and colored in the states when AP 'called' the state, because other channels were calling different states at different times. We were going by what AP said. They called the election around 11pm eastern time. I stayed for Obama's victory speech and then one of the other interns drove me home.

We drove by the White House were there were crowds and crowds of people cheering and singing and dancing and screaming it was AWESOME! I got home and I made my roommate walk with me to the White House. It was so amazing. There were thousands of people dancing in the middle of the street. Cars were stopped and people were hanging out the windows with their music turned up. There were these three guys playing  trumpets and a trombone and people were singing along. It may have been one of, if not THE best experience I've had here. 
I know that this may be cheesy. But I am so proud to be America. To be here. To be involved with this election and to have voted. It was a historical event, in a historical place and there's no where better to have been than Washington DC.