Sunday, June 21, 2009

Final Cut PRO: My Proudest Moment!

This is the first project of this magnitude that I have made in Final Cut Pro. The thought of the project was intimidating--just a couple of weeks before it was expected to be finished, my friend Thomas comes to me asking for a HP commercial-like advertisement to help his campaign for Georgia State University's homecoming court. I said sure without even thinking! (Might have been because I had a little bit of a crush on him :-) But then after I did think about it...the task was a little daunting. Where could I shoot this? How could I light it? How long will it take me to edit? Will I be able to do everything he asks?
I basically dove in headfirst and just decided to see what I could do. The final product turned out to be an amazing video for which I received praise for weeks after it debuted. I am really proud of this product because it was really the first time that my proficiency on Final Cut had been solidified to myself. I had NO IDEA how I was going to do everything that Thomas had asked, but I ended producing a video better than even he had imagined. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.